Learner-Centered Coaching for Grades K-12
September 28, 2018
8:00 am - 11:30 am
Understands and Implements Student-Centered Coaching
Module One – Student learning directly and consistently informs coaching conversations. The coach seamlessly guides the conversation from student learning to other factors such as the implementation of a program or curriculum, and classroom routines.
- Communicate my coaching role to the principal and staff
- Enroll teachers to participate in coaching cycles
- Partner with teachers to set standards-based goals for coaching cycles
- Work with teachers to unpack the standards-based goal into a set of learning targets
- Design my coaching cycles so that I am in classrooms 1-3 times per week
- Co-plan with teachers on a weekly basis
- Use student evidence when co-planning
- Help teachers understand the connections between coaching cycles and other district initiatives
Description developed by Diane Sweeney, author of Student-Centered Coaching (Scoring added by LPS ILC Team)
Date: Friday, September 28, 2018
Check-in: 7:30 a.m.
Workshop: 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
There is no charge for this workshop.